How to Rent a Picnic Shelter
The Lacey Depot Building has indoor picnic tables for public use from April – October, each year. The site is available for private rentals and City events. Reservations may be submitted the first working day of March, for April 1 – October 31.
The Lacey Depot Building, City of Lacey’s 50th Anniversary Landmark Project, is a near replica of the original depot, which opened in 1891 in the same area. It serves as the focal point of Lacey’s new Depot District and:
- Complements future museum project and provide a lunch location for school field trips.
- Acknowledges the rail industry’s role in Lacey history and evolution as a City.
- Connects the past (historic train depot) to the future (new museum/cultural center/Depot District).
- Includes a Train-themed play structure, open year ’round to park visitors from 7:00 a.m. – dark, daily. In celebration of their 50th Anniversary, the Lacey Rotary club donated $50,000 to the project.
- Features Two Historic Markers (Lacey Depot and Lacey Plywood Plant, both formerly located on this site)
- Provides trail amenities for Karen Fraser Woodland Trail users.