Long Lake Park
2790 Carpenter Road SE
( adjacent to Thurston County Fairgrounds )
HOURS: 7AM - Dark
SIZE: 9.95 acres
Long Lake Park features one of the finest swimming beaches in Thurston County, as well as sand volleyball and picnic tables. The 285 feet of beach frontage stands in contrast to the heavily-wooded property that provide an evergreen entrance to the park site. The upland area has picnic facilities and a natural trail through the woods. Dogs are not allowed on the beach or in the swim area.
No Lifeguards are on duty at Long Lake Park – Swim at Your Own Risk
In 1983, the land for Long Lake Park was acquired from Thurston County. For information about the nearby boat launch, please visit the Department of Fish and Wildlife.
SUMMER WATER SAFETY REMINDERS
- For your safety, learn to swim before taking part in water activities.
- Never swim alone.
- Know your limitation, including swimming ability, physical fitness, and medical conditions before going swimming.
- A responsible adult should stay with children.
- A “water watcher” should provide close and constant attention to children they are supervising and avoid distractions including cell phones.
- Teach children to always ask permission before going near the water.
- Wear a U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jacket appropriate for your weight and size, and the water activity.
- Children, inexperienced swimmers and all boaters should wear U.S. Coast Guard approved lifejackets.
Long Lake is monitored and tested for blue-green algae by the Thurston County Department of Environmental Health. Prior to swimming, please visit the Thurston County Department of Environmental Health website for information and current advisories.